Sumary of As Crypto Economy Slumps, Total Value Locked in Defi Continues to Rise:
- Approximately nine days ago, the total value locked (TVL) in decentralized finance (defi) across various blockchains was around $176 billion.
- At that time, bitcoin ($49,937) and ethereum ($3,886) fiat values were much higher.
- Despite the fact that the crypto economy and these coins have dipped in value, the TVL across defi has continued to rise, climbing more than 5% to $185.32 billion.
- Defi TVL Across All Chains Rises by More Than 5% Over 9 Days Decentralized finance (defi) has attracted billions of dollars and at the time of writing, the total value locked across a myriad of blockchains is around $185.32 billion.
- That’s approximately 5.113% higher than the TVL was nine days ago.
- At the time of writing, the TVL held in defi is $185 billion and more than 5% higher than it was nine days ago.
- One would assume that the TVL held in defi would have dropped in value after the price of ethereum (ETH) shed a few percentages in value.
- However, that’s not the case, because a number of other blockchains saw TVL values rise.