Sumary of 13% of Americans invested in cryptocurrencies in the last year. Who are they?:
- Some 13% of Americans have bought or sold a cryptocurrency such as bitcoin, ether, or dogecoin in the past year, according to a report based on a survey of more than 1,000 people published Thursday by researchers at the University of Chicago.
- Crypto investors are also younger than stock market investors — the average age of a crypto investor is 38, compared to 47 for stock market investors.
- “Cryptocurrencies are opening up investing opportunities for more diverse investors, which is a very good thing,” said Angela Fontes, a vice president in the economics, justice and society department at the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago.
- “ The average age of a crypto investor is 38, compared to 47 for stock market investors.
- Two months prior, bitcoin was hovering around $60,000. While the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.15% went from a one-month high of nearly 35,000 to a one-month low of nearly 34,000, around a 3% change.