Sumary of ACPC allots P500M to revive hog industry:
- To revive the local hog industry, the Agricultural Credit Policy Council (ACPC) of the Department of Agriculture (DA) has allotted initial funding of P500 million for swine projects of small enterprises, including start-up commercial hog raisers..
- This was announced during the rollout of the Swine R3 Credit Program (SR3CP) on Friday here hosted by the provincial government of Isabela, led by Gov..
- Herbosa said the SR3CP, DBP’s newest loan facility, is a much-needed boost toward repopulation, rehabilitation and recovery of the local swine industry to ensure the continuous supply and availability of swine and pork products, and to stabilize pork prices in the country..
- “Under the SR3CP, DBP will provide funding assistance to eligible public and private institutions to establish bio-secured swine farm products..
- With concerted efforts, we will be able to grow a local swine industry so that we can better meet consumer demand and we can achieve more stable pork prices in the Philippine market,”.
- “We are collaborating with CPF to ensure the viability of implementing biosecurity measures to further assist eligible swine investor-partners,”…