Sumary of School support staff given no consideration in reopening plans: CUPE:
- “When a school is shut down due to an active case, at a minimum, all school staff should be directed to work from home, for the same amount of time that students are out of the school..
- “What the Premier and Dr. Strang might not understand is that when the schools were closed two weeks ago, our members engaged in a process to close down facilities and equipment for the remainder of the year,”.
- “For example, some buses had been put out of service for summer maintenance and refitting,some staff had been granted vacation that had to be cancelled, and spare support staff had no guarantee of work..
- Article content “Counting on the income they receive from call-in shifts, many ‘spares’ looked for other jobs because they thought they were not going to be called back for the rest of the school year..
- “Had there been more consultation, or at least more advance notice of the decision to reopen schools, we would not have been scrambling since last week to put things back together….