Sumary of China’s auto sales surge 75% in March, 12th straight monthly gain:
- Article content BEIJING — Auto sales in China surged in March for their 12th consecutive month of gains, as the world biggest car market leads the sector recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic..
- Sales reached 2.53 million vehicles in March, up 74.9% year-on-year, data from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM) showed..
- Sales of new energy vehicles (NEVs), including battery-powered electric vehicles, plug-in petrol-electric hybrids and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles, increased 239% in March to 226,000 units..
- NEV makers, such as homegrown Nio Inc and Xpeng Inc , as well as foreign groups, such as Tesla Inc, are expanding manufacturing capacity in China as it promotes greener vehicles to cut air pollution..
- Another Chinese auto industry body, China Passenger Car Association, said on Friday Tesla sold 35,478 China-made cars in March…