Sumary of China repeats call to resist ‘vaccine nationalism’, pledges to keep monetary support:
- Yi Gang, Governor of the People Bank of China, said in a statement delivered to the International Monetary Fund steering committee on Thursday that the pick-up in global growth was “slow and uneven,”.
- “The international community should work together to resist ‘vaccine nationalism,’ strengthen cooperation and policy coordination to fight against COVID-19, and improve the accessibility and affordability of vaccines in developing countries in a meaningful way,”.
- China President Xi Jinping had delivered the same message on vaccines in a telephone call with German Chancellor Angela Merkel earlier this week..
- The central bank chief also gave an assurance that China would continue to provide necessary monetary support to the economy and refrain from abruptly unwinding stimulus measures..
- “The sound monetary policy will be implemented in a flexible, targeted, reasonable, and appropriate manner,”…