Sumary of China factory gate prices rise by most in nearly 3 years as economic recovery quickens:
- Article content BEIJING — China factory gate prices beat analyst expectations to rise at their fastest annual pace since July 2018 in March in the latest sign that a recovery in the world second-largest economy is gathering momentum..
- China producer price index (PPI) rose 4.4% in annual terms, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said in a statement, far above a 3.5% rise forecast in a Reuters poll and up sharply from a 1.7% increase in February..
- Data last week showed China manufacturing activity expanded at the quickest pace in three months in March as factories ramped up production to keep up with improving global demand..
- “Markets may become increasingly concerned about pressures from rising inflation on Beijing policy stance, but we expect Beijing will stick to its ‘no sharp policy shift’ commitment,”.
- China central bank has rolled out a raft of measures, including cuts in interest rates and reserve ratios since early-2020 to support the virus-hit economy, but it shifted to a steadier stance as the recovery solidified..
- Article content China consumer price index (CPI) rose 0.4% from a year earlier in March, the statistics bureau said in a separate statement, beating a median forecast for a 0.3% rise in a Reuters poll and returning to inflation after two months of price falls…