Sumary of Stock futures rise with the Dow set to gain for a third day:
- U.S. stock index futures were higher on Thursday as stable bond yields continued to give the green light to investors to buy stocks following Monday’s market rout.
- Futures contracts tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 73 points, or 0.2%, pointing to a third day of gains for the blue-chip average following Monday’s pullback.
- Names closely linked to the economic reopening were higher in premarket trading.
- AT&T shares gained 1% after earnings and revenue topped analyst estimates.
- On Wednesday, the Dow gained 286 points, or 0.83%, while the S&P climbed 0.82%.
- The Nasdaq Composite was the relative outperformer, rising 0.92%.
- Wednesday’s gains built on Tuesday’s strong session, and the major averages have now erased the losses from Monday’s sell-off.
- The Dow dropped more than 700 points to start the week as rising Covid cases worldwide hit sentiment.