Sumary of LifeWorks releases the results of its Performance Universe of Pension Managers’ Pooled Funds:
- “The stock market continued to rise in the second quarter and the MSCI World Index delivered a 6.2 per cent return.
- The Canadian Equity S&P/TSX Composite Index posted a return of 8.5 per cent in the second quarter and the U.S. stocks S&P 500 Index registered a return of 8.6 per cent (in U.S. dollars) and 7.0 per cent in Canadian dollars.
- The Emerging Markets Index posted a return of 3.6 per cent (in Canadian dollars).
- During the second quarter of 2021, the Canadian bond market posted a return of 1.7 per cent,” said Jean Bergeron, Partner for the Investment &
- During the second quarter of 2021, diversified pooled fund managers obtained, on average, returns that exceeded that of the benchmark portfolio.
- Canadian bonds In the second quarter of 2021, managers obtained a median return of 1.8 per cent on bonds (Universe mandate), which was 0.1 per cent higher than the benchmark index.
- During the second quarter of 2021, short-term, mid-term and long-term bond indices posted returns of 0.1 per cent, 1.6 per cent and 3.7 per cent, respectively.
- The high-yield bond index posted a return of 2.6 per cent, while the real return bond index provided a 3.5 per cent return.