Sumary of Ghaziabad Municipal Corp lists first green bonds:
- Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation, a civic body in Uttar Pradesh, has raised Rs 150 crore through the issuance of green bonds and the proceeds will be utilised for the tertiary water treatment plant to benefit industries in Ghaziabad..
- “The capital raised will not only enforce financial discipline but also paves way for the corporation for bigger fundraising, if needed, in the future..
- This had come within minutes on the bid date and that too with a very competitive coupon rate of 8.10 per cent, which is one of lowest in municipal bonds in India,”.
- On the occasion of the listing of the bonds, BSE Managing Director and CEO Ashishkumar Chauhan said as many as Rs 18.53 lakh crore has been raised on the exchange through debt and equity even during the coronavirus period..
- “It is pleasing to note that Ghaziabad has become the first municipal corporation in India to issue a green bond for an environmentally sustainable project for wastewater reuse at the most competitive coupon rate of 8.1 per cent with over-subscription on BSE’s platform…