Sumary of DTI, private sector: PH can be e-commerce leader in Southeast Asia:
- MANILA – The government and the private sector believe the Philippines has a good chance of becoming an e-commerce leader in Southeast Asia.
- “The Philippines is built for commerce,” Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said during virtual launch of Digital Pilipinas, a movement composed of government and private sector to strengthen digitalization in the country.
- Online retail, online delivery services, online entertainment, digital services, tele-health, work from home arrangements, digital payments- all of these help us in the past year and continue to do so until now,” Lopez said.
- According to the Department of Finance, almost 100 percent of the total number of annual income tax returns were electronically filed this year, from 90 percent in 2020. “We did not fail to collect revenues when people could not go out to file their income tax returns and pay their taxes due,” Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez said.
- ” Digital channels were put up to “broaden financial inclusion”, allowing people to buy and sell government T-bonds.
- “Our vision in GCash is finance for all— from making payments and transfers easy and secure.
- we are now in the forefront of democratizing financial services by making it affordable and accessible,” GCash Chief Customer Officer Winsely Bangit said.
- DIGITAL PILIPINAS AGENDA The movement— composed of government financial agencies and the private sector set out to tackle 12 problem areas.