Sumary of Biden and Johnson put differences aside in first official meeting as leaders:
- Mr Biden stressed the deep bonds between the US and the United Kingdom First Lady Jill Biden’s black jacket displayed the word “LOVE”.
- A firm believer in alliances, Mr Biden stressed the deep bonds with the United Kingdom as a linchpin of his call for Western democracies to compete against rising authoritarian states..
- The President staunchly opposed Brexit, Britain’s exit from the European Union that Mr Johnson championed, and has expressed great concern over the future of Northern Ireland..
- After the highly choreographed walk with Ms Biden and the Prime Minister’s wife Carrie Johnson, Mr Biden and Mr Johnson began their sit-down by immediately striking a tone of conviviality..
- The British government stressed Mr Johnson common ground with Mr Biden on climate change, support for international institutions and other issues..
- Biden and Johnson sign new Atlantic Charter The leaders also announced a new task force to work on resuming travel between their countries….