Sumary of Volkswagen boss reinvents German giant, with his eyes on beating Tesla:
- “One thing that Diess does that is positive, he keeps repeating — even when no one in Wolfsburg wants to hear it — that Tesla is the benchmark,” said Stefan Bratzel, director of the Center of Automotive Management in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany.
- Another two members, the representatives from the German state of Lower Saxony, which owns 20 per cent of the company, tend to vote with the workers.
- The Tesla Model 3’s recent sales success in Europe hit Wolfsburg hard.
- Credit:Getty Images“Tesla ends the Golf era with its Model 3,” said a headline in the German national daily Die Welt.
- “THIS makes Tesla better than VW,” declared the nation’s mass-circulation Bild newspaper in an article that stressed the California company’s innovation and speed in bringing new ideas to market.