Sumary of Twiggy’s bold message to ‘cop out’ MPs:
- Mining magnate Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest has taken aim at “hysterical Chicken Little” and “cop-out” politicians who stand in the way of Australia’s transition to the new energy economy.
- Addressing the National Press Club, Dr Forrest warned if Australia does not commit to net-zero ahead of a major climate change summit, the stain will last “forever”.
- ”Speaking directly to “fear mongering” politicians, Dr Forrest urged Prime Minister Scott Morrison to attend the Glasgow summit and for the Nationals MPs to get on board with net-zero as a matter of urgency.
- ”Dr Forrest used his address to promote the uptake of green hydrogen and hit out at the continued effort to sell hydrogen produced with fossil fuels in production as “clean hydrogen”.
- It’s a sound byte covering the fact it’s made from carbon-emitting fossil fuel.
- “Having an otherwise astute Energy Minister, Angus Taylor, misled into selling it as ‘clean’.
- “It all adds up to the same thing – misleading sound bytes put out by industries wishing to continue a duplicitous social licence to operate.
- ”His speech follows an announcement earlier this week that Dr Forrest’s Fortescue Future Industries would build the world’s largest green energy hydrogen manufacturing facility in Central Queensland.