Sumary of Trump’s border wall tumbles under Biden:
- Former US president Donald Trump’s signature border wall would lose much of its funding, as well as the fast-track status that enabled it to bypass environmental regulations, under a new plan announced by the Biden administration..
- President Joe Biden suspended construction of the wall upon taking office while his administration reviewed the project, angering Republicans in Congress eager to see it go forward amid growing apprehension of migrants along the southwest border..
- The plan announced on Friday does not cancel the wall project outright, but is still likely to face opposition in Congress, where many Republicans are eager to promote a project closely associated with the former president..
- Biden plans to return more than $US2 billion ($A2.6 billion) that the Trump administration diverted from the Pentagon to help pay for the wall, and use other money appropriated by Congress to address “urgent life, safety, and environmental issues”.
- It also asks lawmakers not to provide any additional funding for what the Biden team believes is an unnecessary effort….