Sumary of Matt Gudinski, the 36-year-old son of legendary promoter Michael Gudinski, named CEO of Mushroom Group:
- Mushroom Creative House Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link Michael Gudinski son Matt will take the reins at the late legendary music entrepreneur Mushroom Group..
- Today the Melbourne-based group of companies announced that the 36-year-old would move into chief executive role following the sudden passing of his father at age 68 on March 2..
- Matt was executive director for the past eight years, spearheading a public relaunch of the highly influential entertainment group..
- Supplied In this role, he worked alongside Michael, overseeing 250 employees and two dozen companies, including Illusive Sounds, the record label he launched at age 17 with Adam Jankie in 2003 that guided the careers of Bliss n Eso, Lowrider, Owl Eyes and Stonefield..
- After launching Mushroom Records in 1972, Gudinski enjoyed success with top Australian acts, including Skyhooks, Split Enz, Jimmy Barnes, Kylie Minogue, Paul Kelly, Archie Roach and the Temper Trap..
- Camera IconMichael Gudinski, who died suddenty on March 2, was one of the most powerful and respected figures in the Australian music industry for half a century…