Sumary of Galan partners up for lithium supply chain transparency:
- Camera IconGalan Lithium has lithium brine projects in South America’s prolific lithium triangle.
- Credit: FileShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkGalan Lithium has partnered with leading sustainable supply chain traceability provider, London-headquartered international group Circulor Ltd as the ASX-listed lithium development hopeful seeks to become a preferred supplier of lithium carbonate to global markets.
- Galan says Circulor will help it meet compliance requirements under the European Union’s battery regulations, supply chain due diligence laws and the proposed carbon border adjustment mechanism when extended to lithium by providing a system to analyse, track and manage its supply chains to support responsible sourcing and improve sustainability.
- The collaborative partnership will look to establish full lithium traceability and dynamic carbon dioxide and environmental, social and governance or “ESG” tracking for Galan’s lithium brine assets in Argentina’s “lithium triangle”.
- Galan says Circulor’s software platform will enable the Perth-based company to demonstrate the sustainability of its future lithium carbonate products via ethical sourcing, carbon dioxide transparency and other ESG performance metrics such as water consumption.
- Circulor’s solution will be adopted during Galan’s proposed feasibility study stage for its Hombre Muerto West lithium brine project by tracking samples from a pilot lithium carbonate plant to marketable product, the company says.
- We are excited about being able to underpin the ESG performance of our assets, our products and our supply chains.
- Making this visible and easily traceable for our markets distinguishes our products and will help future customers make their complex supply chains more transparent.