Sumary of Freedom Day caution or celebration? It depends on who you are:
- Depending on who you talk to this week, the impact of “Freedom Day” — and the ending of COVID-19 restrictions in England — changes.
- Ms Potts works as a primary school teacher, while Mr Kuit is an event florist.
- ” Primary teacher Lauren Potts says her school will keep many restrictions in place.
- (Supplied: Lauren Potts)Cautious approach for primary schoolsA primary teacher, Ms Potts has been working with her teaching colleagues in the central London suburb of Islington where they are maintaining a tight “COVID bubble” at their school.
- “The cases are growing and we’re wondering how can we release the hounds … when we see the numbers on the news?
- “At Ms Potts’ school, that means keeping masks on inside or in common areas outside.
- “For me, the people who are winning are those who have had events planned [such as] weddings and people wanting to go to clubs,” Ms Potts said.
- ” Large daily COVID-19 case numbers have kept NHS Track and Trace staff busy.