Sumary of Drama-packed session on ASX, with bank spanked, cannabis company chair quitting and bedlinen retailer bulking on furniture:
- Christian Gilles / NCA NewsWire Credit: News Corp AustraliaThe company is looking into using renewables-based hydrogen to replace natural gas for industrial purposes at its Port Latta iron ore pelletising plant in Tasmania, partnering with the state government, which Primary Industries Minister Guy Barnett mentioned in a statement on Thursday.
- ”Camera IconCreso Pharma chair Adam Blumenthal stepped down amid an ASIC investigation.
- Westpac NZ’s new chair, Pip Greenwood, said the bank acknowledged “in the instances identified we fell short”.
- “Creso Pharma appears to have become involved in the ASIC investigation because of common directorships between it and its corporate adviser, EverBlu Capital,” the company said.
- Online-only retailer Kogan was hit by a “second strike” against its remuneration report at its annual general meeting but easily survived a board spill motion.
- Shareholders were angry about overzealous stocking up after the initial pandemic-induced online shopping frenzy incurred big storage costs and sent the company’s share price into free fall.