Sumary of Australia secures 20 million more doses of Pfizer vaccine:
- The recommendation to use the Pfizer vaccine as a preference for under-50s was made by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation on Thursday after considering the medical evidence of the rare blood clotting condition, venous thromboembolism, and weighing the risk and benefits..
- “We are talking in the vicinity of five to six [cases of the clotting condition] per million people, which is a rather rare event..
- There is an acknowledgement of the risk that is there, but as is the case always with these matters, these are decisions for Australians.”.
- “For those who may be immunocompromised or front-line workers who are under 50, then right now we are working with the states and territories and the medical authorities to revise that part of the program so they have access to Pfizer..
- More than a million doses of vaccine have now been delivered, and the Prime Minister committed to releasing updated data about the vaccine rollout daily…