Sumary of How has the Woolworths share price performed since reporting results?:
- The Woolworths Group Ltd (ASX: WOW) share price closed up a slender 0.1% yesterday to finish the day at $39.35 per share.
- It’s been 3 weeks now since the supermarket giant reported its full year results for the 2021 financial year (FY21).
- But first, a quick recap… What results did the ASX 200 retail giant report for FY21? Investors were keeping a keen eye on the Woolworths share price when the company announced its FY21 results before market open on 26 August.
- Among the key results, Woolies reported a 5.7% year-on-year increase in group sales to $67.28 billion.
- Despite this increased investment, normalised Group ROFE [Return on Funds Employed] increased 1.4 points during the year to 15.1%.
- The strong results enabled Woolies to declare a final dividend of 55 cents per share, up from a final dividend of 49 cents per share in FY20. On the same day, Woolies also reported its intention to conduct a $2 billion off-market share buyback.