Sumary of Here’s what the Wesfarmers (ASX:WES) dividend will pay you today:
- The Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX: WES) share price has been one of the best performing S&P/ASX 200 Index (ASX: XJO) blue-chip shares in 2021 so far.
- Wesfarmers shares are now up 19.24% in 2021 so far, and 31.94% over the past 12 months.
- In fact, just this week, the Wesfarmers share price hit a new all-time high of $61.66. Long story short, it’s been a great share to own in recent times.
- But as an ASX 200 blue chip, Wesfarmers is also known as a dividend heavyweight.
- Not only have Wesfarmers shares consistently paid fully franked dividends over most of the past few decades, but they have also done a pretty good job of delivering dividend increases as well.
- But by 2019, this was up to $1.78 (plus a special dividend that year).
- At the time, Wesfarmers shareholders received one Coles share for every Wesfarmers share owned.
- Since Coles is now a fully-fledged dividend share in its own right today, this would have further added to long-term shareholders’ dividend returns as well.