Sumary of 22yo’s huge risk after big pandemic loss:
- For the founder of new, Australian swimwear label, Georgi Swimms, the timing of their relaunch feels eerily familiar.
- ”Gradually, her partner helped her come to the realisation that she would either need to push on and risk her business closing down in a few months or close down, salvage what she could and restructure Georgi Swimms to ‘come back better’.
- Instead I got a new full-time job and was able to kind of recoup the finances and reinvest,” she says.
- While working on rebranding Georgi Swimms, Ms Thompson found another role working in retail and merchandise management for a large chain.
- 18 months later, she’s relaunched her label, releasing a 12-piece collection, all made from recycled ocean plastics.
- ”The balancing gameWhen it came to finding a full time job that could financially support her while working on Georgi Swimms, Ms Thompson says she wanted a role which wouldn’t ‘hinder her creative abilities’.
- And although her gruelling work schedule can ‘be a juggle,’ her goal is to work on Georgi Swimms full-time.
- My predominant work is at night and working afternoons, so it kind of gave me the ability to really use my mornings for Georgi Swimms and have structure,” she says.