Sumary of Huawei to promote ICT development in PH through cultivating talent:
- Over 100 Filipino students and professors from 20 universities participate in the virtual program launched on November 15. THE MANILA TIMES FILE PHOTO For the last decade, information and communications technologies (ICT) have become the crucial growth engines for various industries.
- The Covid-19 pandemic only hastened its development, asserting the importance of digital transformation in a seamless, borderless global interconnection.
- As an ICT leader, Huawei is committed to promoting ICT industry development in the Philippines, and has conducted several CSR programs related to education, such as Seeds for the Future, ICT Academy and Scholarship program.
- Seeds for the FutureBesides its commitment to promoting ICT industry development in the countries it operates, Huawei also aims to drive long-term economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- In 2021, Huawei provides an online experience of Seeds for the Future program to learn about the company, understand the latest technology trends, discover the technology ecosystem in China, learn from the best experts and get a glimpse of the Chinese culture.
- As participants won’t be able to meet in person, they can e-meet their peers online during the program and join the global Alumni community for long-term idea-sharing and interaction.
- As Huawei’s flagship global corporate social responsibility program, Seeds for the Future has been held consecutively for 12 years since its first launch in 2008 in Thailand, and nearly 9,000 students in 130 countries and regions around the globe have benefited from it.
- Before 2019, Seeds for the Future was an onsite program, inviting talents to China to an exciting journey to get to know the dynamic and innovative Chinese cultural and technology scenes.