Sumary of Hopeful investing with a post-Covid recovery theme:
- That 70% level is conducive to herd immunity and supports economic recovery and reopening of the country for foreign tourism, starting with selected provinces this year and a full reopening in early 2022..
- Turning to equities, world markets continue to rise with the Dow Jones and S&P 500 once again marking new highs..
- We believe investors are now looking forward to the recovery phase and are seeking stocks with solid fundamentals, especially after first-quarter results were announced..
- Average daily turnover remains above 100 billion baht per day, and we are also encouraged by foreign investors turning net buyers in June at 5.8 billion baht thus far..
- That may seem small but we point out that foreign investors were net sellers of over 65 billion baht worth of Thai shares in the first five months of the year….