Sumary of EXPORTS REMAIN RESILIENT IN THE MIDST OF THE PANDEMIC:
- Thailand food exporters have found opportunities in the midst of the current crisis brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic..
- Thailand recorded a healthy growth in the export of processed foods such as fruits and vegetables and canned seafood, which is in part attributed to economic recovery in those buying countries..
- The trend has highlighted the strength and diversity of Thailand food supply chain, which is serving the country goal of producing foods to cater to the growing demand among global consumers for nutritious and functional foods that serve their specific needs..
- While the pandemic has adversely affected world trade, Thailand has recorded healthy growth in the exports of foods and products that are associated with the new normal, such as smart electronics, furniture and decorative items as well as medical devices..
- Official data from the Ministry of Commerce show that Thailand total export volume contracted by 6% in 2020, with the market share in global food export products standing at 2.3%..
- Thailand food export performance in 2020 has been in line with the government development plan for the industry, which focuses on high valued food products or the so-called “Food for the Future”…