Sumary of Statistics Korea launches SDGs data platform in English:
- Image capture of the main page of SDGs data platform operated by Statistics Korea.
- Courtesy of Statistics KoreaBy Lee Kyung-minStatistics Korea has launched an open-access platform where data on Korea’s efforts in advancing the United Nations (U.N.
- The platform allows real-time monitoring of progress in SDGs, and is expected to promote data-driven global public policymaking, the statistics agency said.
- The agency expects the platform to provide easy access to Korea’s SDGs data sources for international research and analysis, to be widely used by international organizations, statistical agencies and the general public around the world.
- The platform was developed by the Data Center for SDGs under the Statistics Research Institute (SRI), a state-run think tank for data innovation and official statistics.
- Also available are Korea’s SDGs progress reports and related papers.
- A total of 154 Korean SDGs data measured by 231 indicators are available including those on clean water and sanitation, decent work and economic growth as well as affordable and clean energy.
- More data will be added to the platform, compiled from collaborative work to produce datasets by Korea’s government ministries and international organizations Viewers will be able to share data on their social networking services accounts, reaching a wider scope of the public using the platform’s fast and easy sharing tools.