Sumary of SK Innovation’s No.2 shareholder NPS to vote nay on battery spinoff plan2021.09.15 11:00:
- National Pension Service (NPS), the second largest shareholder of SK Innovation Co., plans to vote nay on the company’s plan to carve out its battery business into a wholly-owned subsidiary at Thursday’s ad hoc shareholders’ meeting, but the public fund’s’ opposition won’t likely deter the demerger scheme for next month.
- NPS, also the world`s third largest pension fund, said on Tuesday that it will vote against SK Innovation’s plan to break up the company into an energy flagship and battery pure player.
- The state’s pension fund owns 8.05 stake of SK Innovation as of end-June.
- 이미지 확대 SK Innovation announced the separation plan in August to bolster the competitiveness of its business by establishing a separate management system for each business unit.
- 이미지 확대 The envisioned SK Battery will concentrate on mid- and large-size electric vehicle batteries, Battery as a Service (BaaS), and energy storage systems businesses.