Sumary of Millions of Koreans Invest in Only 1 Stock:
- Some 3.1 million stock investors in Korea have put all their eggs in one basket by investing in a single company, the Korea Securities Depository said Thursday..
- Analysis of shareholdings in 2,352 listed companies showed that 33.8 percent of investors own shares in only one company, whereas experts urge investors to diversify their holdings..
- Another 1.53 million investors or 16.7 percent own shares in just two companies and one million or 10.9 percent in three..
- But a savvy 14,091 investors own stocks in more than 100 companies, which would make even hedge-fund managers jealous, and 104 in more than 1,000 companies..
- “An investor with billions of won at their disposal could invest in more than 100 companies, but retail investors will find it hard to manage scores of different stocks,”…