Sumary of Kakao Brain to give Korean-language AI an upgrade:
- According to the AI company, it plans to enhance the deep learning process of KoGPT, Kako Brain’s Korean- language AI model, and make it 100 times more efficient by using Google Cloud’s supercomputer, Google Tensor Processing Unit.
- Google TPU is a large-scale computing system that rapidly calculates and processes data.
- It is the largest deep learning super computing infrastructure in the country that is capable of carrying out one quintillion calculations in a second, the company said.
- “We will be launching a ‘vision AI model’ next year as well as upgrading AI models for other languages such as English and Thai,” a Kakao Brain official said.
- Using the deep learning technology, vision AI models collect detailed information from the images.
- Advanced models, for example, will be able to warn users walking down the street to watch out for a deep hole in the sidewalk.