Sumary of Hyundai Motor to test out self-driving cab on Seoul roads in H1 next year2021.11.26 11:04:
- Jang Woon-jun, head of Hyundai Motor’s autonomous driving division, introduces Ioniq 5 Robotaxi that boasts Level 4 autonomous driving capabilities at 2021 Seoul Mobility Show held at Kintex in Ilsan, Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, on Thursday.
- Hyundai Motor will test operate RoboRide in Ioniq 5 in a designated zone in central Seoul, according to the company.
- Equipped with Level 4 technology, Ioniq 5 robot taxi will independently make driving decisions after recognizing its surroundings and detecting obstacles.
- At the show, Hyundai Motor also boasted its Level 4 autonomous driving technology applied to its hydrogen electric vehicle Nexo in a video showing Nexo driving on real roads without a human driver in the driver seat.
- Yoo Won-ha, head of domestic business at Hyundai Motor, announced that the company will release mid-size electric sedan Ioniq 6 based on its concept car Prophecy next year while enhancing green car lineup in commercial segment such as hydrogen electric truck Xcient and low-floor electric bus Elec City.
- Kia”s the all-new Niro The company will also add more high-speed charging facilities and test an electric charging cart H Mobile Charger in December.