Sumary of UOB finance head Eric Lim named bank’s first chief sustainability officer:
- SINGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) – UOB has appointed Eric Lim as its first chief sustainability officer (CSO) to lead a dedicated corporate sustainability office focused on achieving the bank’s green goals..
- The corporate sustainability office will develop and monitor the bank’s sustainability performance indicators, including UOB’s own carbon footprint target..
- It will also be responsible for helping businesses advance responsibly, steering consumer wealth to sustainable investments and fostering social inclusiveness and environmental well-being..
- In a press statement on Friday, UOB said that Mr Lim’s expanded responsibilities will help ensure synergies between the bank’s sustainability strategy and financial performance management..
- With the CSO appointment, Mr Lim will join the bank’s Management Committee, where he will report directly to Wee Ee Cheong, deputy chairman and chief executive officer of UOB…