Sumary of New private home sales fell nearly 24% in August on fewer launches: URA data:
- SINGAPORE – New private home sales fell nearly 24 per cent in August after hitting a six-month high in July, as developers pared back new launches and some buyers held off due to the Hungry Ghost month and Covid-19 phase 2 heightened alert restrictions.
- The bulk of the units launched for sale last month was from new launches, The Watergardens at Canberra (300 units) and Klimt Cairnhill (138 units), as well as existing projects – Fourth Avenue Residences and The Florence Residences.
- Together, these projects accounted for 77 per cent of the total units launched.
- Other best-selling condos in the suburbs and city fringes included Midwood, OLA, Treasure at Tampines, Dairy Farm Residences, and Parc Clematis.
- PHOTO: SINGHAIYI GROUP City fringe projects made up 28.2 per cent of total sales last month.