Sumary of GIC-backed Klarna’s valuation hits $61b after fund raising:
- STOCKHOLM • Swedish payments firm Klarna has raised US$639 million (S$846 million) from a group of investors led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II, lifting its valuation to about US$46 billion (S$61 billion) – higher than several of the region’s major banks..
- Klarna, which allows shoppers to buy online through its merchant partners and settle dues in instalments via “buy now, pay later”.
- Klarna’s other investors include Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Ant Group, rapper Snoop Dogg, BlackRock and Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC..
- Reuters reported last month that Klarna was close to raising a new round of funding at a valuation close to US$50 billion..
- The company, whose chief executive is Swedish-born Sebastian Siemiatkowski, is among the largest players in the global BNPL sector, with more than 90 million global active users….