Sumary of Rice stocks up 3.2% to 2.44 MMT in April:
- THE country’s rice inventory as of April 1 increased by 3.2 percent to 2.44 million metric tons (MT) from 2.37 million MT recorded a year ago, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) said..
- Compared to its level a month ago, total rice stocks inventory likewise went up by 17.5 percent from 2.08 million MT..
- Rice stocks in the households and commercial warehouses improved by 17.9 percent to 1.46 million MT and 4 percent to 738,160 MT, respectively..
- However, rice stocks in the National Food Authority (NFA) depositories decreased by 41.9 percent to 214,170 MT..
- Month-on-month, PSA said stocks in the households and in the commercial warehouses went up by 19.1 percent and 26.3 percent, respectively..
- Of the total rice stocks for April, 59.9 percent came from households, 30.2 percent from commercial warehouses/wholesalers/retailers and 9.9 percent from NFA depositories….