Sumary of Public guarded against online banking fraud:
- MANILA— Most Filipinos use online banking for their transactions especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- According to Jose Veloso, president of the Bankers Association of the Philippines (BAP), thieves also do not give up and think of ways to steal money from someone’s bank account.
- “You have to be suspicious because the criminal now no longer enters the bank with a gun.
- As long as they have connectivity to the internet, that is the beginning of their getting money from our people, ”said Veloso.
- In an interview with TeleRadyo Friday morning, Veloso said that the thieves usually take the victim’s personal information such as name, date of birth and password.
- “They will find a way to get your money in your account without your knowledge.
- They will transfer that to mules or stopover accounts to be transferred to other accounts, ”he said.
- Thieves each have their own way of contacting victims such as personally calling, emailing, or sending a text message.