Sumary of Malampaya resumes gas supply to natgas plants:
- The Malampaya gas field has resumed supplying fuel to natural gas plants, the Department of Energy (DoE) said on Tuesday.
- But Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi has asked Shell Philippines Exploration B.
- (SPEX), operator of the Malampaya facility, to explain the gas restrictions, noting its impact on power rates.
- “The Department of Energy (DoE) received information from the Malampaya Consortium operator that the gas restrictions will be lifted by today.
- The DoE is set to call a coordination meeting with the consortium operator, natural gas power plants, Manila Electric Co. (Meralco), and market operator, among the other industry players, to address all the issues and the upcoming Malampaya maintenance shutdown.
- Last September 11, the Malampaya field stopped supplying gas to First Gen Corp.