Sumary of GCash bares solutions for MSMEs:
- MOBILE wallet service GCash has different options aimed at assisting small businesses in their growth, according to an executive speaking at The Manila Times’ online business forum on “MSMEs: Rising enterprises, raising the economy,” held on Thursday.
- Frederick Levy, chief commercial officer at GCash, said the platform’s user base had already swelled to 51 million by August of this year.
- In terms of merchants, Levy said 3.9 million people use GCash to transact in the e-commerce industry, which includes both formal and informal sellers.
- “So, you can see there are one of the impacts of the pandemic from a GCash perspective and digital industry,” the GCash executive highlighted.
- With these statistics in mind, he said GCash has structured a lot of digital services for MSMEs.
- The first of these services is GCash Pro, which is designed for users who large transactions.