Sumary of Financing platform offers loans to college students, partners with PH universities:
- MANILA — Financing platform Bukas said Thursday it was offering “affordable” loans for Filipino college students, partnering with several universities in the country in the process.
- Bukas offers tuition installment plans for undergraduate and postgraduate students aged 18 and above from its partner schools, with a monthly interest rate of 1.5 percent, payable within 12 months, the company said.
- “We want to be able to minimize students dropping out because of financial reasons and that’s why we focused on education financing,” Bukas Country Manager JR Emlano said in an online press conference.
- Emlano said Bukas partners with universities to easily reach students and get the support of the school’s management.
- The loan provider currently has 34 partner schools, including De La Salle University, Far Eastern University, Mapua University, Malayan Colleges Mindanao, Saint Louis University, University of the Visayas and University of Bohol.
- Emlano said Bukas was also partnering with schools from other countries for Filipino students who want to study abroad, adding that it was launching one with Spain’s IE University in December.