Sumary of Customers of Manila Electric…:
- Customers of Manila Electric Company (Meralco) will have to burden additional P0.0798 per kilowatt hour (kWh) in their June electric bills, and that driven mainly by higher charges for supply procured from the Wholesale Electricity Spot Market..
- The generation charge, which accounts for the bulk of cost component being passed on by Meralco, had been higher by P0.0697 per kWh to P4.6171 per kWh vis-à-vis last month P4.5474 per kWh..
- Additionally, the ancillary services component of the transmission charge, as well as taxes and other charges had been marginally up by P0.0101 per kWh last month;.
- while the collection of P0.0025 per kWh universal charge-environmental charge remained suspended as earlier directed by the ERC..
- In particular, Meralco noted that charges for supply sourced from the WESM had been higher by P1.6322 per kWh “due to tight supply conditions in the Luzon grid,”.
- According to Meralco, “the increase in WESM charges was mitigated by the lower charges from the power supply agreements (PSAs) and independent power producers (IPPs) which decreased by P0.0476 per kWh and P0.0037 per kWh, respectively,”…