Sumary of BIR raises P12.9B from tax amnesty programs:
- The government collected a total of P12.9 billion from its tax amnesty program, according to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
- “From January to June 2021, the tax amnesty delinquency collection, which expired June 30 amounted to P7.8 billion.
- The state tax amnesty collection as of August, amounts to P5.1 billion,” BIR Commissioner Caesar Dulay told senators during the Department of Finance’s budget hearing.
- He did not disclose the comparable data, but the tax agency earlier said that the execution of Republic Act (RA) 11213 or the Tax Amnesty Act earned P527.41 billion in the first four months of 2020. The law, which went into effect in April 2019, permits delinquent taxpayers to settle their tax arrears from 2017 and preceding years.
- The BIR has said that for the estate tax amnesty program, it is likely to generate P6.28 billion in revenue.