Sumary of Toyota launches Lexus and hydrogen-powered Mirai with assistant tech:
- Announced Thursday its launch of new models for its luxury sedan Lexus LS and hydrogen-powered Mirai equipped with assistant technologies that allow drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel in designated lanes..
- The autonomous driving technology equipped with the new models is a level-2 assistant system that could help with driving on an expressway or other motor-vehicle-only roadway..
- The technology can help with keeping the vehicle in its lane, maintaining the distance from other cars and navigating a lane splitting..
- Autonomous driving technology is classified into five levels, ranging from level 1, which allows either steering, acceleration or braking to be automated, to a fully automated level 5..
- launched in March its Legend sedan with level-3 autonomous technology, making it the world first vehicle to hit the market that allows the driver to engage in different tasks such as reading and watching TV when the car is in certain conditions such as congested traffic on expressways…