Sumary of Singapore market gets boost from Wall Street gains:
- ST Index rises 0.2% ahead of release of US, China data Frasers Logistics &
- Commercial Trust is top advancer, up 2.1% Regional bourses mixed, with HK and KL closing lower The Straits Times Index (STI) edged up by 6.06 points, or 0.2 per cent, to 3,080.37 points yesterday, buoyed by overnight gains on Wall Street ahead of August inflation data for the United States due later in the day.
- Asian markets were mixed as investors watched for the release of China’s economic data today.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index ended 0.7 per cent higher, South Korea’s Kospi closed up 0.7 per cent, and the Jakarta Composite Index also rose 0.7 per cent.
- But Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index dropped 1.2 per cent and the FTSE Bursa Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Composite Index closed 0.9 per cent lower.