Sumary of Myanmar coup latest: UN rights chief sees ‘no efforts’ to de-escalate by junta:
- The Ministry of Electricity and Energy on May 24 issued a tender to build solar power facilities at 12 sites across central Myanmar that would generate between 20MW and 40MW each, on a build-operate-own basis for 20 years, according to tender documents seen by Nikkei Asia..
- China’s friendly policy toward Myanmar is not affected by changes in circumstances internal or external to the latter, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi tells counterpart Wunna Maung Lwin..
- Sources at internet service providers told Nikkei Asia that Myanmar’s internet access would be shut down until 6 p.m..
- Sources in the Myanmar military told Nikkei Asia that the meeting between the military chief and the two ASEAN officials started at 2 p.m..
- International Committee of the Red Cross says its president, Peter Maurer, met with junta leader Senior General Min Aung Hlaing in Myanmar, confirming a Nikkei Asia report..
- The European Union will impose a third round of sanctions on Myanmar’s junta in the coming days, EU foreign affairs chief Josep Borrell tells Reuters in an interview in Jakarta….