Sumary of Japan okays more PH processed meat exports:
- THE Philippines can now export processed meat products and their by-products to Japan, the Department of Agriculture (DA) announced on Friday..
- Dar regarded the latest development as a milestone for the stakeholders in the Philippine meat-processing industry given Japan’s stringent food safety and hygiene management standards..
- Previously, the Philippines was only allowed to export chicken meat, mainly used for cooking yakitori, a Japanese meal where bite-sized chicken, beef, pork and other meat or fish are placed in skewers and grilled..
- “The HACCP certification implies that the systems of certification of the Philippines are at par with global standards,”.
- This means that if the Philippines certifies certain establishments and meat products, Japan will automatically accept this certification without question,”.
- There are currently at least 70 Philippine meat establishments – including slaughterhouses, meat-cutting plants, poultry dressing plants and cold storage facilities – in the country that have “AAA”…