Sumary of Blinken briefs Chinese counterpart on North Korea policy:
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken and top Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi picked up the phone Friday, this time to speak about North Korea..
- “Secretary Blinken and Director Yang discussed the United States’ comprehensive DPRK policy review, focusing on the need for the United States and the PRC to work together for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,”.
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki said back then that President Joe Biden would neither pursue a “grand bargain”.
- Blinken also told Beijing to cease its pressure campaign against Taiwan and peacefully resolve cross-Strait issues, it said..
- Daniel Russel, who served as assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs in the Obama administration, told Nikkei Asia that “providing a readout of the U.S….