Sumary of Analysis: Wolf warriors fall silent as Xi ponders U.S. strategy:
- Katsuji Nakazawa is a Tokyo-based senior staff writer and editorial writer at Nikkei.
- He was the 2014 recipient of the Vaughn-Ueda International Journalist prize.
- It was the first such conversation in seven months, and it has received unusually favorable reactions on Chinese social media.
- When people ponder this question, developments in Chinese domestic politics tend to be overlooked.
- 31 decision to hold a key meeting of the Chinese Communist Party in November is binding diplomacy,” a Chinese source said.
- 31 to the New York-based National Committee on U.S.-China Relations.
- The next day, Han Zheng, China’s first vice premier and one of the seven Politburo Standing Committee members, and Yang Jiechi, China’s top diplomat, also held online meetings with Kerry.
- Top: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and U.S. envoy John Kerry.