Sumary of We will grow in double digits this FY, says Asian Paints’ CEO:
- In an interview with ET Now, Asian Paints MD and CEO, Amit Syngle, talks about his company’s strong growth in the last quarter and their predictions for the future.
- Edited excerpts: Let us start off with that volume growth figure, quite a strong one at that.
- When we look at Q1, I think the overall volume and value numbers have been quite stellar in terms of what we have been able to achieve.
- What we see very clearly is that the months of April and the months of July have been good in the quarter, which has helped us in getting to these numbers.
- The good thing is that the story of strong consistent growth continues, both from the top line and bottom line perspective.
- It’s always hazardous to guess at this juncture but what is the estimate for the volume growth for the current financial year;
- The way it is going I think the environment is looking good – in terms of demand conditions – and there has been good monsoon, which really fructifies in agrarian growth.
- It is also a long Diwali this year, so I think all predictions will be fruitful, it should be a good double digit number.