Sumary of Stock Market Update: Sensex, Nifty at Record High, Sensex at 58,311 and Nifty at 17,402:
- The Indian market opened with some gain, at 1130 IST hours, the BSE Sensex and broader Nifty were at an all-time high.
- In early trade, the benchmark BSE Sensex opened at 58,311.33, up 64.24 points, or 0.11 per cent.
- However the broader Nifty was trading at 17,402.05, up 22.05, or 0.13 per cent.
- In early trade 33 shares advances, 16 declined and 1 remained unchanged.
- The outperformance of the broader market continues this month with disproportionate rise in some mid-small-cap stocks.
- BSE MidCap rose 0.69 per cent and BSE SmallCap rose 0.69 per cent, in early trade on Wednesday.
- The benchmark Nikkei 225 index was down 0.65 percent, or 200.30 points, at 30,469.80 in early trade, while the broader Topix index slipped 0.81 percent, or 17.18 points, to 2,101.69.“US stocks gave up early gains and finished lower as profit booking ahead of crucial FOMC meeting was visible.