Sumary of Should central government be called anti-national too? Raghuram Rajan takes a dig at RSS-affiliated magazine:
- Former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan openly questioned if the central government must be deemed anti-national for its seemingly poor performance while initially dealing with Covid vaccination.
- Raghuram Rajan called it ‘completely unproductive’ and went on to ask if one would accuse the government of being anti-national for not doing a fair job on vaccines initially.
- “People do mistakes,” added the former RBI governor citing the example of the rusty rollout of the goods and services tax (GST).
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman ‘summoned’ Infosys CEO, last month’, over the unresolved tech issues the Income Tax Portal managed by Infosys has been witnessing.
- Commerce and Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal, too recently faced heat because of his criticism of the Tata group over the e-commerce policy.
- Mohandas Pai, former director at Infosys, recently exclaimed in a conversation with the Swarajya magazine that both government and the IT giant are responsible for the Income Tax Website chaos.
- In the interview with NDTV, former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan shared his views on other subjects as well.
- This kind of over-centralisation holds us back,” said Raghuram Rajan.